The BOI offers a wide range of business support services to foreign companies in Thailand:
Sourcing & Joint Venture
Joint ventures, partnerships, and subcontracting opportunities have long been at the core of global companies' international growth strategies. To ensure that foreign companies receive full support on these issues in the Thai market, the BOI has set up the BOI Unit for Industrial Linkage Development (BUILD).
BUILD acts as an intermediary between the manufacturers of ready-made products and small- and medium-sized manufacturers of parts. It also provides information on subcontracting opportunities and offers its support to buyer firms seeking sourcing networks in Thailand. Currently, BUILD supports sourcing service in the following industries: Plastic and Rubber, Metal forming and fabrication, Mold and die, Assembly, and Electronic manufacturing service. To learn more about BUILD, please
If you are looking for a Thai supplier, subcontractor, or a joint-venture partner in Thailand, the BOI is prepared to provide you the following services
- Identifying suitable suppliers, subcontractors, and joint-venture partners
- Facilitating business contacts with Thai companies
- Arranging visits to selected Thai companies
- Organizing business-trip itineraries
One Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits
This center comprises of three government agencies: The Office of the Board of Investment (BOI), Immigration Bureau, and Department of Employment, to facilitate in extension of stay and work permits for
Aliens who had obtained privilege according to Investment Promotion Act, Petroleum Act, Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.
Aliens who apply for the position of executives or experts at the companies with fully paid up capital of not less than 30 million Baht.
- Aliens who apply for a foreign journalist who obtained a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs approving the applicant to work.
- Aliens who apply for researcher and developer on science and technology, regional operating headquarters (ROH)
- Aliens who are the officials of branch office of overseas bank , foreign banking office of overseas bank and the representative office of foreign bank with were certified by Bank of Thailand
- Aliens who are the officials of representative office of foreign juridical person in respect of international trading business and regional office of transnational corporation according to Foreign Business Act, B.E. 2542 (1999)
- Aliens who are information technology specialists
- Aliens who work in accordance with the bilateral agreement between Thai and others.
For further information
18th Floor, Chamchuree Square Building, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Tel: 66 (0) 2209 1100, Fax: 66 (0) 2209 1194, E-mail:
One Start One Stop Investment Center (OSOS)
The One Start One Stop Investment Center (OSOS) aims to serve as the one stop shop and main liaison for Thai and foreign investors in dealing with multiple agencies. Representatives from more than 20 government agencies representing 10 ministries are stationed at the OSOS to offer services which cover business consultancy, assistance on a wide range of applications, and registrations including business registrations, tax registrations, BOI investment promotion incentives, foreign business licenses, factory permits, and FDA permits. For further information
18th Floor, Chamchuree Square Building, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Tel: 66 (0) 2209 1100, Fax: 66 (0) 2209 1199, E-mail:
R&D and Training Cooperation
One of the BOI's aims is to facilitate international R&D partnerships between Thai universities, research institutes, government agencies, and the private sector. With this in mind, the BOI offers the Skills, Technology and Innovation (STI) incentive program for companies that contribute toward developing these things within the Thai workforce.
The BOI provides additional incentives for companies that fall in categories directly related to STI development. Such projects include:
1. Manufacturing of medical equipment
2. Manufacturing of scientific instruments
3. Manufacturing or repair of aircraft and aerospace tools
4. Electronics design
5. Research and Development (R&D)
6. Scientific laboratory work
7. Calibration services
8. Human resources and development