||Thailand Focus Detail
Canon to Build New Factory in Thailand
Canon Inc. today announced the establishment of a new Thailand-based manufacturing company for the assembly of digital multifunction office systems and service parts that will make possible the creation of a flexible production system. The new company, Canon Prachinburi (Thailand) Ltd., will be located in Prachinburi province, Thailand.
Recently, the business machine market has displayed steady growth, led by emerging countries. The expected increase in future demand for competitively priced multifunction devices has created a pressing need for Canon to secure necessary production capacity while making it possible for the company to respond in a flexible manner.
In response to these circumstances, Canon has newly purchased land in Prachinburi province and decided to establish Canon Prachinburi (Thailand) Ltd.
In addition to many parts-related companies based in the surrounding region and an established infrastructure, Canon anticipates a stable supply of electricity and access to a steady supply of human resources, making the location well suited for manufacturing.
Canon plans to commence construction for the new company in February 2012 with operations scheduled to begin in April 2013.
Overview of New Company
- Name: Canon Prachinburi (Thailand) Ltd.
- Location: 304 Industrial Park, Si Maha Phot, Prachinburi, Thailand
- Representative: Yoshiyuki Ozaki (President)
- Business activities: Manufacture of digital multifunction office systems and service parts, molding and mounting of parts
- No. of employees: Approx. 1,000 (tentative, by the end of 2013)
- Capital: 6 billion yen
- Equity structure: Canon Inc.: 100%
- Establishment: September 2011
- Land area: Approx. 280,000 sq. meters
- Total floor area: Approx. 72,300 sq. meters
- Total investment: Approx. 15 billion yen
- Start of construction: February 2012 (tentative)
- Start of operations: April 2013 (tentative)